- Supervised. Supervised social indoor climbing is available during club climbing times. Harnesses, carabiners and shoes are also available free of charge for members. Solo climbers can generally find a belay partner during club climbing times.
- Unsupervised. Climbers who have their own equipment and a belay pass, can climb during "off-peak" times. There are no wall officers during off-peak times, so climbers are expected to organise their own belay partner, behave responsibly and leave the wall in a tidy state. When climbing at off-peak times climbers must still sign in at the SRA front desk and show their belay pass.
- Private Bookings. Club members with belay passes can also book the climbing wall for private use. To book, two club members with belay passes must visit the ANU Sport front desk. No supervision is provided for private bookings, and club gear will generally not be available. Members who book the wall are responsible for sweeping chalk off the floor at the end of their booking.
The bouldering wall is located in the ANUMC Gear Store. It has set open 3pm-6pm Mondays (for Women's Climbing Initiative only), Tuesdays and Thursdays. There may be additional ad-hoc openings. Open hours can be viewed at this calendar. There is a Facebook group and a mailing list, for communication.
As an officer needs a key to open the wall, it cannot be opened without their presence and so access to the wall is dependent on the availability of officers. While we will do our best to keep the wall open as often and as consistently as possible, wall officers are volunteers and so times will be subject to change. Nevertheless officers will try to notify the Facebook group when and approximately for how long the wall be open, and if they cannot cover certain sessions.
In order to climb at the bouldering wall you MUST have a valid ANUMC climbing wall belay pass (obtained at a belay course) which you must have available to present. To gain access, turn up anytime the wall is open. You must then sign a WAIVER and have your belay pass SIGNED BY AN OFFICER, after a safety induction.
It is NOT POSSIBLE to hire gear during the bouldering wall opening hours. Bouldering wall participants are not allowed to access the club gear store without a gear store officer present.
Paddling Times (updated August 2018)
- Dawn paddling. Thursday 6:30am at the boatshed, contact Minh-Tam Nguyen.
- Evening paddling on hold for winter. Tuesday 6:00pm at the boatshed, contact Tom Brazier.
Subscribe to the anumc-padl mailing list for updates or contact the kayaking officers.